Vital to reduce infection spread
Hand washing really is the most important skill that can be taught to any child – as emphasised by the QA Nursery Magazine website in a recent article Five things headteachers should know about hand hygiene.
The report by Ezme provides extremely useful information about the importance of effective hand wash teaching in any preschool or nursery facility.
“Frequent hand washing is one of the most important things we can do to help to reduce the spread of infections and prevent ill health within schools.”
The five key points outlined in the article are:-
- “Every year, 11.4 million school days are lost through illness
- One hand has 200 million bacteria per square inch
- Hand gels do not stop the spread of germs and illness
- Good hand hygiene habits must be an integral part of children’s curriculum
- Good hand hygiene can now be taken out of the classroom”
Free “How to wash your hands poster” download
The ten steps to hand washing success is demonstrated in this A4 poster that’s free to download and print off. Help the Kiddiwash Kids stop the dirty germs!